Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where have they gone?

Recently I have been noticing how some kids have completly forgotten manners. I ask where have they gone? You see a teenager cough without covering their mouth,or kids running around almost knocking you over! I remember when I was a kid it was mandatory to say please and thank you and you had to say excuse me to pass. Now I get shoved and people are surprised to hear my kids say thank you at the checkout. I would say it is a lost art because you don't see kids practice their manners very often.I think it is an important skill that will last a life time. I strain the importance of these manners in my kids beacuse its simply rude to see kids older than 8 or so cough all over you and push you out of the way! I say parents it is our job to make sure we pass these along and remind other kids that are not your own about their manners. It isn't common sense, they need to be taught...
til my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment